The Sponsorship Committee is responsible for establishing a sponsorship program for SIM CFL; defining the levels of sponsorship associated with the amount of donations; and developing, approaching, and getting both sustaining sponsors and Special Event sponsors for SIM CFL.
Sponsors are critical to SIM CFL, as a significant portion of the funding and resources for SIM CFL’s many programs are derived from Sponsorships. The Sponsorship Committee is a dynamic team that is responsible for maintaining the relationship with our current sponsors and developing new sponsors.
The key responsibilities of this committee are:
- Relationship Management with Current Sponsors:
- Facilitates the involvement of Sponsors as active SIM CFL members, speakers, hosts of special events, and underwriters of key programs
- Sends regular emails to Sponsors communicating upcoming key events and programs
- Serves as liaison to our Sponsors for other SIM CFL committees
- Hosts periodic webinar to keep Sponsors in touch with SIM CFL
- Coordinates attendance of Sponsors at SIM CFL Holiday Party as a Sponsor Appreciation event
- Oversees the sponsor renewal process
- Development of New Sponsors:
- Handles inquiries from prospective companies; with a conference call, meeting at their location and/or invitation to attend a SIM CFL event
- Launches periodic initiatives to recruit new sponsors
- Attends Meet the Company events to recruit new Sponsors
- Monitors and tracks prospect list
- A sales or business development background is not required for this role, but committee members do need to be comfortable calling key company contacts and promoting SIM CFL in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
Meeting Time and Location:
Once a month via conference call; dates and time determined by the committee.